[glob2-devel] New scripting API

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] New scripting API
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:10:28 +0200

Hello,

One week ago, during our holidays, Martin Voelkle (Marvelous) and me discussed
the futur of glob2 scripting. As a custom scripting solution is suboptimal in
development time, execution speed and ease of use, we planned to use mono and
CLI instead of SGSL for the futur of glob2. The whole .NET API won't be
present, juste the core (basic types and reflection) and the glob2 API.

I propose that we discuss the Glob2 API there. Of course we already have ideas
but I'm interested in the needs of the maps and campaigns designers.

I think the new script will first be implemented in a custom branch and will
probably only be available post 1.0, be this depends on the relative
development speed of the 1.0 stabilization and script development, and if the
new script is ready, I'm ready to violate the relative feature freeze of 1.0
because CLI languages are much easy to use then badly documented custom SGSL
and having forward map compatibility from 1.0 is good.

Steph