Re: How to report bugs (was Re: [glob2-devel] Back from holidays + huge

From: Stephane Magnenat
Subject: Re: How to report bugs (was Re: [glob2-devel] Back from holidays + huge updaet)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 14:31:20 +0200

> But you didn't answer the question: what do you usually *need* to debug
> correctly?
> - logs? [all?]
> - console output?
> - saved games?

It depends on the bug.
- If it is a display bug or if there is a simple way to reproduce it, nothing.
- If it is a network game, the logs from all players. If it is a world
desyncronisation, the Checksum*.log, otherwise it depends on where the
problem is. What you can do is to save the logs, not upload them, and wait
for us to ask which one we need.
- If it is a crash, non related to network, the saved game

> If you systematically need one of those, we should specify it very
> clearly on the website! Or perhaps you only need these files in certain
> cases... Could you please explain when these files are useful to you?

If the bug is known or we can reproduce it easily, no need for saved games or
logs. If it is something strange and hardly reproducable, they are usefull.

Steph