Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS Website

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: AFFS Website
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:37:47 +0000

Alex:
> I suspect the number of browsers that cannot parse it, though, can be
> counted without any fingers, which was more the point I was making -
> although people are complaining about the site, it's not a markup
> problem, only a stylesheet issue. I.e., one that can be fixed in a
> relative trice - this has nothing to do with it being written in XHTML,
> and writing it in HTML 3 would not solve the problem.

Everything is a div.  That's not good web design.  If nothing else, the lack
of vertical spacing makes it hard to read.  I know you could do the same in
HTML3, but that still doesn't mean you should do it.  It seems like you're
wanting to use XML directly, and ending up with a result that is about as
useful for non-CSS browsers...
--
MJR