Re: [emacs-bidi] Arabic Mule

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Arabic Mule
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:39:51 +0100

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> This should probably be extended.  Where can I find a list of mule
> characters?  We could then add all the characters specified in UAX#9
> to this classification.

Ok, found a mapping between Arabic and Unicode:

http://tsukuba.m17n.org/mule/mappings/index.en.html

When Emacs uses Unicode internally, then we can move the table to
Unicode.  At the moment, however, I think we should use Mule because
of the following reasons:

1. Nobody knows when Unicode will happen.

2. Some people (Dave Love?) seem to think that we can treat Unicode as
   just another supported character set.  (I like this.)

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/