Re: [DotGNU]Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:29:31 +0530

If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> --- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> > A company that spends so much time into gcc would
> > have
> > to at end release their derievative interfaces as
> > GPL.
> > This means an amount of wasted effort (in economics)
> >
> > for the company.
> No. Not with the CODEDOM interface from Microsoft or
> the GXL language http://www.gupro.de/GXL/. They are
> interfaces that you can put the data into.

GCC ? ...

> Well I was bringing this up again on the front of the
> cscc, we have hard decisions to make on that front.
> The lessons learned from the gcc may or may not help.

As I said in my previous post , cscc has lesser problems
with an introspector than gcc (since unlike C , C# supports
introspection anyway) .... And as for the AST exports ,
the MS CodeDOM is no better or worse . (Which is a more
practical option for proprietary developers than use an
introspector for cscc .... for compiling C# code)

Since we are not aiming for a CodeDOM in the near future ,
I think introspector may be of some help in unifying CodeDOMs

Gopal