Re: [DotGNU]Monthly newsletter

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Monthly newsletter
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 09:36:56 +1000

Gopal V wrote:

> Reporting in Savannah is not practical for 3 minute dialup guys like
> me -- logging in , going to tech support , typing it in....... So
> what do you have to say about the bug-report issue.

The difference between Savannah and mail is as follows:

A Savannah bug report hangs around in the database.  It is
constantly in my face, annoying me, and making me want to
fix it to make it go away.

A mailed bug report has a 60% chance of disappearing into
the hell that is my Inbox, never to be seen again. :-)

At one time, I think there was some plan to hook Gnats up
to Savannah.  Gnats is a mail-based bug reporting system.
If there is such a gateway in place, then you could use that
to submit bug reports by e-mail.  We could even set up
"address@hidden" to point at it.

Cheers,

Rhys.