Re: [DotGNU]Monthly newsletter

From: Silvernerd
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Monthly newsletter
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:45:03 +0200

Gopal V wrote:

>> We could reach the industry with it for example. Also some special
>> newbie stuff could do a lot of good.
>
>Sure ... lots of good.

I'll get started on it immediately, with extra attention to newbie stuff.

>> - Q&A, important or interesting questions asked on the mailing list and
>> - What?, explanation of difficult terms
>
>This is the most important stuff or What ?.

For the newbies it probably is :-).

>How about a webpage also with this stuff ? & How about updating the
>DotGNU main webpages with this stuff ?. .....

Not a bad idea, HTML would give me more layout possiblities than
plain text, and the newsletter could get large without blowing up
peoples e-mail accounts :-). I'll discuss this on the website mailing list.

>> I would be quite willing to do the editor job :-) .
>
>That tops all the other suggestions :)

Nice to know I'm appreciated :-).

I've been working out the newsletter some more,
here is some info:

-

The Q&A and What? sections need content. Or better said
they need questions.

I know that for newbies DotGNU is very complicated,
so if you have any questions please ask them (this will also
help me make up the Q&A and What? sections).

-

I'll be writing the background parts myself, this time it will
go about the technological setup behind the DotGNU project.
After that I will start with discussing the various technologies
behind the projects. Starting with pnet, since that's the project
most worked on.

I will post the contents of this part a couple of weeks
before release to the mailing list so that any errors in these
texts may be corrected.

-

Here is something for the project maintainers:
if you have news about your project (like a new release)
please write a little text about it and send it to me
so that I can include it in the newsletter.

-

Article space also needs contents, it is open for any
articles that are in some way related to DotGNU
(so for example an article about the threats of .NET
would be good for it).

-

I'll merge new projects into projects news until both
parts are big enough to stand on their own.

-

That's about it, now I just need to find a good subject
for my Inside DotGNU column.

--
Silvernerd (Peter Minten)

"Using GNU/Linux is like walking on a ray of bricks, not as beautiful, but a
lot more substantial than light."