Re: [DotGNU]Monthly newsletter

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Monthly newsletter
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 07:29:59 -0400

Gopal V wrote:

> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 07:22:50AM -0400, Barry Fitzgerald wrote:
>

> I suddenly realized that I was doing a good thing sending Rhys bug
> reports privately .... Do we need a protocol for bug reports ?.

I don't view having public bug reports as a bad thing, it just generates
some traffic on the main list.  But, it's also highly pertinent
traffic.  Perhaps the solution would be a bugs exclusive mailing list
for pnet.

> Reporting in Savannah is not practical for 3 minute dialup guys like
> me -- logging in , going to tech support , typing it in....... So
> what do you have to say about the bug-report issue.

When savannah integrates phpGW into it, it'd be very cool to build an
XML-RPC based bug system with a local client where you could queue up
your bug reports until you're ready to connect and send them in.  That
would be very useful, I think.

> Just my 2 cents (of dialup time) to the 30+ mails issue :)

I'm on DSL now but remember the days of dialup well.  I'll think on this
a bit more.  We were going to install RT on fencepost but I never got
the spare time to coordinate on it.

        -Barry