Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Split-function implementation of 802.11g OFDM PHY

From: Nemanja Trecakov
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Split-function implementation of 802.11g OFDM PHY and MAC on USRP2
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:19:18 +0100

>This is wandering very far away from the core topic of Gnu Radio, and into "help with Xilinx Tools".  You *may* find people on this list who
>can help you, just by pure blind luck, or maybe not.
>
>From the looks of it, and I'm no TCL expert, it looks like it was unable to create the "build" directory--I'd check the permissions on the directories
>leading up to ...top/USRP2/build .  Did you perhaps unpack them as "root", and now you're trying to "do stuff" as your ordinary user, so the
>  directories are owned by root, so they're not writable to you?

>Marcus Leech

Marcus, you were right - I did install the Xilinx ISE being root. However, when I tried to run the same command being root, the bash did not find the xtclsh.
The next thing I did is to include the xtclsh into the PATH in .bashrc, but for root this time, and tried to build it as root. And ... VOILA!

I got built a .xise roject and .bin file.

However, I am not sure if I point properly to the floating license on the uni's server, but since it built, I guess it is ok.

HOWEVER, when testing this, by building the same fpga image which is downloaded to usr/local/share/uhd/images/ by the Marcus's build-gnuradio-script,
I FIND THAT THE TWO FPGA IMAGES ARE DIFFERENT.

WHAT CAN BE THE REASONS THAT TWO FPGA IMAGES ARE DIFFERENT IF ONE IS USING THE SAME MAKEFILE?

Output for md5sum:
address@hidden:/usr/local/share/uhd/images# md5sum usrp2_fpga.bin
4d47274d3255e5bbca6e68e8f0ee7c74  usrp2_fpga.bin

address@hidden:/home/nemanja/bin/uhd/fpga/usrp2/top/USRP2/build# md5sum u2_rev3.bin
d31cdcc7a1fecb3bc33bc7fbc4db2707  u2_rev3.bin

ANYONE WITH SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE REPLY!

-Nemanja Trecakov