Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Split-function implementation of 802.11g OFDM PHY

From: Nemanja Trecakov
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Split-function implementation of 802.11g OFDM PHY and MAC on USRP2
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:45:46 +0100

>Doing anything other than *what is absolutely necessary* as *root* is a bad idea.  Poor form.  Entirely-ordinary things like compiling code
>should always be done as a regular user.  Learn to use and understand Unix ownership/permissions rules, so you don't end up in silly
>situations like this again.

Ok, thank you for the advise Marcus, but it seemed as the easiest thing to do at that moment. I think it was faster than changing the permission for a number of directories, but I may be wrong.

>Different versions of the toolchain?  Also, do the Xilinx tools do any random stuff--I'm not an expert in FPGA LUT generation, but I understand
>that sometimes, when there are two equally-good "choices" to be made in generating the LUTs, the toolchain simply picks randomly from
>among the choices.  I have no idea if this is the case here.

What do you mean by toolchain? Do you mean different Xilinx_ISE version 12.x (I am using 12.4)? I can understand the random choice of two equally-good.
By the way, the file sizes are the same, 842.3 KB, but when using diff and mb5sum they show different.

Thanks for help! I really appreciate it!

-Nemanja Trecakov