Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why Isn't GNU Radio Used More?

From: Peter F Bradshaw
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why Isn't GNU Radio Used More?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:08:21 +0800 (WST)

Hi Patrik;

Actually, within companies I have been associated with I have seen some
of the divisions that Colby notes - both in the GNURadio context and in
the context of other engineering / scientific packages. Some of my work
involves getting the three groups to a common basis.

Your comment does touch on other application domains for GNURadio. The
reality is that GNURadio is a near realtime SDF package. For
instance, I can think of one application - multi channel high bandwidth
sonar - for which GNURadio would be usefull. But, of course, in that
case GNURadio would have to be renamed GNUSonar! :)

Cheers

--
Peter F Bradshaw: http://www.exadios.com (public keys avaliable there).
Personal site: http://personal.exadios.com