Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why Isn't GNU Radio Used More?

From: Alexander Chemeris
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why Isn't GNU Radio Used More?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 22:21:33 +0400

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 21:29, Jeff Brower <address@hidden> wrote:
> What I think might translate for GNU Radio is to find ways to support more
> types of platforms.  What about a small
> USRP for smart phones and tablets?  Would that draw in more developers?  A
> "platform broadening" might also make sense
> from a revenue standpoint:  small open source initiatives need revenue
> streams to grow and be able to afford things
> such as extensive documentation.  For GNU Radio, this means hardware.

I agree with that. I had an idea that a miniPCI SDR would be very
interesting solution, I discussed this with few people and they were
very interested indeed, but as a software guy I can't develop it by
myself and I had not enough resources to make someone to build it. So,
if there are any cool hardware engineers out there, looking for a way
to contribute - lets design a small SDR board.

--
Regards,
Alexander Chemeris.