consensus

Re: [GNU/consensus] [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto

From: Daniel Reusche
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 00:06:14 +0100

On 01/01/2013 01:45 AM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
3. Enable Attribution
If applicable, the we will try to make it convenient to preserve
attributions (i.e. authorship) and licensing information, especially
when forwarding data beyond the initial target group. Still, we will not
claim that this will stop violations of the licensing terms or plagiarism.

The smallest federate wiki that ward cunningham et.al. are working on has a nice feature for automatic attribution tracking for reused text.

i.e.: you write something, i drag and drop it to somewhere else and start further working on it. it will later still be clear who wrote what, including the initial source.