consensus

[GNU/consensus] [Off-Topic] Re: [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto

From: Hugo Roy
Subject: [GNU/consensus] [Off-Topic] Re: [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 22:01:18 +0100

Le lundi 07 janvier 2013 à 15:39 -0300, hellekin (GNU Consensus) a
écrit :
> > You also have to trust them in
> > some way, unless you read and understand the whole source code
> yourself,
> > you always rely on other people to behave ethically.

> *** Not only in code, but also in science! Moreover, ToS:DR has the
> same issue: end-users trust the peer-review process to bring an honest
> qualification of the various Terms of Services. As we're living in the
> post-Web world, we also understand that the trust is not only granted
> to an individual, but on the community of peer-reviewers.

Yes. If you're interested in trust, science, and institution, you can be
delighted by Bruno Latour's new book which has the first chapter
available (in English) at

        “Trusting Institutions Again?”

http://www.bruno-latour.fr/sites/default/files/downloads/AIME-intro-chapter1.pdf

Best,