consensus

Re: [GNU/consensus] [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 00:42:45 -0500

    That scenario does not require consensus,
    so if that is the goal, what is the purpose
    of this list and a manifesto?

The purpose of consensus is to help the various distributed
social networks programs work together.  What I said

    > The real goal should be that everyone
    > has a server and keeps her data there.

is a matter of HOW we recommend using any distributed social network
program.  I don't understand why you think that this recommendation
conflicts with developing GNU consensus.

    If each of us is doing our computing in
    solitary confinement, why would need to
    agree on anything at all?

I can't relate that in any way to the topic we are discussing.
Is there a misunderstanding perhaps?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation