bibledit-general

Re: [be] Enabling a remote repository for Bibledit-web

From: Tim Beckedorf
Subject: Re: [be] Enabling a remote repository for Bibledit-web
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:18:34 +0200

Thank you Teus, following your instructions cured the problem.

Now I have another question about git. I am wanting to push all my data from bibledit-gtk to the repo so that  bibledit-web can access it and load it. Must I first create the books in Bibledit-web then do a send and receive? I initially pushed all my data to the repo then did a send and receive from Bibledit-web, thinking that it would create the necessary books, but that didn't happen. So I then created the books and did a send and receive. None of the data appeared. I then did a send and receive from Bibledit-gtk and I watched all my data disappear but it didn't end up in Bibledit-web. (This is all being done in a virtual machine so I just restored from a previous snapshot and nothing was lost) So then I exported all my data from Bibledit-gtk and imported each book into Bibledit-web. Then things began to work. However, I initially received a bunch of errors concerning merge errors between chapters and it ended up that they were all empty chapters. Initially I couldn't write to those empty chapters and have the data synchronize between the two programs. However, after several send and receives on both ends, things seem to be working properly.

So, my question is, what is the proper procedure for getting it set up initially. I did everything by trial and error until it worked. I've set this up previously on a USB drive and never had any issues (at least that I recall).

Tim