bibledit-general

Re: [be] Enabling a remote repository for Bibledit-web

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Enabling a remote repository for Bibledit-web
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:09:16 +0200

Hi Tim,

I am glad that you got it working albeit after several iterations of send and receive in the -Gtk and the -Web version.

The correct procedure of hooking up Bibledit-Web to existing data in Bibledit-Gtk is as follows:

1. Hook up Bibledit-Gtk to the repository, and ensure the the repository indeed contains the data as an exact copy of what Bibledit-Gtk has.
2. Start the procedure to connect to the repository from Bibledit-Web.
3. Go through all the steps in Bibledit-Web.
4. At the last step, choose for getting the "data in the repository".

It will copy all data from the repository into Bibledit-Web, creating books and chapters as needed.

I have done the above procedures many times, and it always works well.

Having said this, I have made a Todo item to simulate your situation here, and see where improvements can be made so that even in such cases, the system behaves reasonably well - it at all possible.

The problem with sending and receiving is that whichever piece of data is more recent, be it a full chapter, or a removed chapter, that is taken as the final version of the data. That is why data can disappear.

Wishing you well with Bibledit-Web, and I hope that it proves a useful tool in your tool box.

Teus.