bibledit-general

Re: [be] Enabling a remote repository for Bibledit-web

From: Oreo Warpok
Subject: Re: [be] Enabling a remote repository for Bibledit-web
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:26:46 -0500

I am having a similar problem to #2, I think. I tried setting up in BE-web:

Test read access

Bible: TSI

Repository URL: https://github.com/warpok/tsi.git

Bibledit-Web attempted to read data from this repository. This is the result:

6a05098f22ea60f0fc30bf34526facbd1a9d7a18 HEAD
6a05098f22ea60f0fc30bf34526facbd1a9d7a18 refs/heads/master

Read access to the repository is successful.

The next page:

Clone repository

Bible: TSI

Repository URL: https://github.com/warpok/tsi.git

Bibledit-Web clones the remote repository, and optimizes the clone for your use.

cd /var/lib/bibledit-web/bibledit-web/git/TSI; git clone https://github.com/warpok/tsi.git .

Cloning into '.'...

Ok: The repository was cloned successfully.

You can go to the next page if the cloning completed successfully and there was no error.

But the stuff on this page ends in a confusing way!

Write to repository

Bible: TSI

Repository URL: https://github.com/warpok/tsi.git

Step: Adding a temporal file to the cloned repository

cd /var/lib/bibledit-web/bibledit-web/git/TSI; git add . 2>&1

Ok: Local addition was made successfully.

Step: Committing the above changes locally

cd /var/lib/bibledit-web/bibledit-web/git/TSI; git commit -a -m write-test 2>&1

[master d126081] write-test

1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

create mode 100644 test_repository_writable

Ok: Local commit was made successfully.

Step: Pulling changes from the remote repository

cd /var/lib/bibledit-web/bibledit-web/git/TSI; git pull 2>&1

Already up-to-date.

Ok: Changes were pulled from the repository successfully.

Step: Pushing changes to the remote repository

cd /var/lib/bibledit-web/bibledit-web/git/TSI; git push --all 2>&1

fatal: could not read Username for 'https://github.com': No such device or address

Error: Pushing changes to the repository failed.

Step: Removing the temporal file from the local repository

cd /var/lib/bibledit-web/bibledit-web/git/TSI; git commit -a -m write-test 2>&1

[master a13c512] write-test

1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

delete mode 100644 test_repository_writable

Ok: The temporal file was removed from the local repository successfully.

Step: Pushing the changes to the remote repository

cd /var/lib/bibledit-web/bibledit-web/git/TSI; git push 2>&1

fatal: could not read Username for 'https://github.com': No such device or address

Error: Pushing changes to the remote repository failed.

You can go to the next page if all the steps completed successfully and there was no error.

The last line seems to contradict the previous two!
On the next page I answered #2.
Then under "Take local data" I received a somewhat contradictory message ending:

create mode 100644 Romans/8/data

create mode 100644 Romans/9/data

create mode 100644 Titus/0/data

create mode 100644 Titus/1/data

create mode 100644 Titus/2/data

create mode 100644 Titus/3/data

delete mode 100644 file

fatal: could not read Username for 'https://github.com': No such device or address

Pushing your data to the remote repository failed.

If there were no errors, then setting up collaboration is now ready, and the Manager can choose menu Send/Receive any time he wants to synchronize Bibles and Consultation Notes with the remote repository.

So I am not knowing what to do next and am glad that Tim asked his question.

Phil

Oreo Phil                 479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.