bibledit-general

Re: [be] Need help installing onto my Mac

From: David Ingraham
Subject: Re: [be] Need help installing onto my Mac
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 22:40:22 -0800

Thank you!

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Teus Benschop <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 21:53 -0800, David Ingraham wrote:
> I got the program all going but when I open it up to use this comes
> up. Do I need to reinstall the program?
>

> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display
> "/tmp/launch-lmbOZ8/org.x:0".

As long as Bibledit works, everything is good. I remember having seen
this message in the early years, but it does not harm anything related
to bibledit.

> Also, I don't really find any clear instructions of how to run
> Bibledit. How does one actually import and/or type in material?

Well, this is how to do it:
menu File / Project / New - to create a new project.
That's step one.
next is to import the data. Is the data in USFM? If yes, then it goes
like this: menu File / Import - and so on.
If the data is not USFM, then you can convert it to USFM in Bibledit,
chapter by chapter.
Success!
Teus