bibledit-general

Re: [be] Need help installing onto my Mac

From: David Ingraham
Subject: Re: [be] Need help installing onto my Mac
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 00:23:25 -0800

So this is what I want to do.

Create a project, then in that project add a book/books.

Matthew is the one I am wanting to start with.

I want to input directly into Bibledit. How do I do that?

Do I need to do the USFM markup as I go, or am I able to come back after I get a chapter done, then add the markups for chapter, heading, verse, etc...?

And when I save what I have done for let's say Matthew chapter 1, can I go back to that same file and continue with Chapter 2? Or do I need to make a completely new file for each chapter? Would like to do each book as a whole through the whole NT.

I know, lots of questions. Just needing to make sure I do it all the right way!

Thanks again. Will look for replies tomorrow. Time to shut my eyes. Have a great Lord-filled day!

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Teus Benschop <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 23:18 -0800, David Ingraham wrote:

> So now the fun of inputting all the Maring into Bibledit. I figure it
> may be a tedious drawn out experience, but in the end praying it is
> worth it all.

Definitely it is worth it! The extra tools are just more than useful,
and spotting mistakes is easier, and navigation through the Bible is a
breeze.

> Do you know if it is possible to do USFM formatting on OpenOffice? All
> my material is in that. If I could just add the markings then it would
> save a lot of hassle in importing it into Bibledit.

Sure, but adding markup is easy enough in Bibledit, there are some tools
for that.

The easiest way in bibledit to convert data to USFM is this:
- Create project, and open it.
- Add all books to the project (menu File / Project / Properties /
Templates (add books))
- Switch to USFM view (menu View / USFM code)
- Go to the book and the chapter to import
- Open menu Check / USFM
- Paste the chapter into the project, and use the Discover markup button
- Repeat and repeat this for each chapter till, after much sweat, you're
through.

Teus.