Re: [Simulavr-devel] git repo: ready for go

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] git repo: ready for go
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:40:32 +0100

As ThomasK wrote:

> > Well, but you set master to 1.0rc0. I was proposing to set 'stable' to
> > 1.0rc0 :-)

> Yes, but my understanding was to set our NEW code to 1.0, not the "old"
> state from simulavrxx CVS repo?

As I understood Onno, he really suggested to tag the old code base as
1.0 and "stable", and release it soon now.  After all, this code
hasn't been formally released for a number of years now.  Once 1.0 is
out, the next release could be a 1.1 then, coming from the current
development branch.

A number of bug and patch reports have been closed recently as "has
been implemented".  My question here is: if these patches have been
prepared against the old CVS codebase, *and* they do not endanger the
"stable" quality, maybe it would make sense to still apply them onto
the stable branch before releasing 1.0, despite them already being in
the development branch?