Re: [Simulavr-devel] git repo: ready for go

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] git repo: ready for go
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 20:48:29 +0100

As ThomasK wrote:

> - go to your cloned repo and set your name and email, this will be
>   used on commiting changes! "git config user.name YOURNAME" and
>   "git config user.email YOURMAIL". Now you are ready to work with
>   it.

Curious, what happens if not doing so?  After all, the actual
authentication (and thus the logical connection between a change[set]
and any particular person) should be done by the ssh login into
savannah.  What, for example, would happen if I said

git config user.email address@hidden

there, and later commit and push my changes to savannah?