ruby-tut-developer

[ruby-tut] some points

From: gabriele renzi
Subject: [ruby-tut] some points
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:42:24 +0200 (CEST)

 hy guys!

I'm near to the end of my exam period so I started to
work a little on  my translation, based on the source
layout from beginner/fr/ :
appendix.xml done
book.xml     done
chapter1.xml done
legal.xml    done
header.xml   done

I'll upload them in the near future...
now, some points:
- why don't use an xml entity for IRB or "nil"? kinda
like
<!ENTITY IRB        "<command>IRB</command>">?
(untested)

- wtf "nifty" means in the 2nd chapter? stinky?
daniel, would you explain it to me?

- suggested change for appendix.xml (1)

   <sect2>
~     <title> Installation par RPM (Redhat,
SuSE...)</title>
      <para>
        Vous pouvez télécharger un paquetage RPM sur
        <ulink
url="http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=Ruby";>
          RPM Find
        </ulink>
        et l'installer via la commande
        <command>rpm -Uhv ruby-*-.rpm</command>.
      </para>
    <para>
+      If youre using Mandrake you can go this way or
use <command>urpmi</command>.
+      Just type
+       <command>urpmi ruby</command> and you'll get ruby
installed.
    </sect2>

(damn, why nobody loves urpmi? :)
- suggested change fot appendix.xml (2)
 maybe we should refer to windows installers
(rubyinstaller.sf.net)

- suggested change fot appendix.xml (3)
 should we refer to comp.lang.ruby (newsgroup side of
ruby-talk)?

ciao

=====
icq #69488917

Yahoo! Cellulari: loghi, suonerie, picture message per il tuo telefonino
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mobile.yahoo.com/index2002.html