ruby-tut-developer

Re: [ruby-tut] GNOME tutorial draft

From: gabriele renzi
Subject: Re: [ruby-tut] GNOME tutorial draft
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:52:38 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Laurent Sansonetti <address@hidden> ha
scritto: > Hello everyone,

> Here is a temporary draft of the GNOME tutorial.
> Please do not hesitate
> to post any comment, remark, suggestion...

here I am!

> Prerequesite
>   The stuff needed for the tutorial: a complete
> GNOME environment + the
>   ruby-gnome2 binding.

what do you mean by "prerequiring" ruby-gnome2
bindings? won't you put some lines in how to
get/install them?

> 1) The project: a GNOME address book

kewl!

Addresses should be saved
> somewhere (marshalling? XML
>    file?).

I think this is the tipical place where modularity
appears :) bring up a Config class/obj and show the
readers how easy they can go from Marshal to plaintext
a-la unix to xml to dbms to...

It should not be hard, but possibly we could go out of
the scope of the thing..

<snip of very interesting stuff>

> 4) Conclusion
>
>    Blah blah... GNOME and Ruby is a terrible combo!

I'll agree after I read the chapter, i'm a kde guy ^_^

Anyway the whole thing sounds wonderful, it's a damn
bad thing we can't get these goodies for windows users
too..

=====
icq #69488917

Yahoo! Cellulari: loghi, suonerie, picture message per il tuo telefonino
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mobile.yahoo.com/index2002.html