Re: [Protux-devel] Protux (CVS) working again,

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Protux (CVS) working again,
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:01:20 +0200

address@hidden schrieb am 24.05.04 11:52:47:

> Hello Reinhard,
>
> > ok, works fine so far, but the "cannot select bus" error is back.
>
> There didn't change anything according to the busselector or MADM
>
> > I use hw controller: plughw results a crash of the whole machine :-(
>
> IIRC you used plughw all the time since the sample rate your card is using is
> not supported by MADM at the moment?

no, I used and actually (again) use the default .protux.rc

hw detects just a few sample rates whereby plughw detects ALL to be usable for
protux, which cannot be possible as far as I understand ...

also no MTA is created when using plughw.

> Sounds like you have a ALSA version with a grave bug!
> Please, have a look at the ALSA release history to see if they have fixed
> such
> a problem like you have now!

I will check it and also will send more console outputs and version numbers
when back at home.

greetings
reinhard