Re: [Protux-devel] Protux (CVS) working again,

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Protux (CVS) working again,
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 15:13:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Reinhard,

>> > btw - do you need more infos?
>>
>> Actually, I lost the point. What was the problem again? :-)
>
> :-) no problem ... MADM (hw) seems to detect available busses, but I can
> not select them in the bus select dialog [BN] or  [VB]

Ah, that explains  something

>> It would be really handy if I can talk live to you by using IRC, or some
>> messenger.
>
> I've setup an irc account some MONTH ago, but haven't used very much, so I
> will re-check if it is still active ...
>
>> I looked at your debug logs, but everything seems normal,
>

> really? AFAIR MADM detects the available busse correctly,
>
> |   |   |   |   |   [ Probing valid modes for bus hw:0,0 ... ]
> |   |   |   |   |   [   Trying 22050 Hz MONO 16 bits :  OK ]
> |   |   |   |   |   [   Trying 32000 Hz MONO 16 bits :  OK ]
> |   |   |   |   |   [   Trying 44100 Hz MONO 16 bits :  OK ]
>

> ... but some lines below
>
> |   |   |   |   |   |   [ --- Summary of all valid bus for this project (
> 44100 Hz , STEREO, 16 bits --- ]
> |   |   |   |   |   |   [ --- Buses not listed on this summary will be
> disable for this project --- ]
>
> ... it shows that there are NO available busses, right?

This explains even more, though I don't know yet why. But at least I
understand the problem now ;-)

> btw - did you received the mail, about forum stuff some personal info ;-

Yes, I resend an email, seems you didn't get it.
There were some known issues with kmail. Specially with IMAP (remote)
folders.
I'm using the newest of the newest (KDE 3.2.2) and no problem at all.
Savannah mailinglists appear to be slow here as well.

Best wishes,

Remon