Re: [Protux-devel] Protux (CVS) working again,

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Protux (CVS) working again,
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 19:29:49 +0200

> hw detects just a few sample rates whereby plughw detects ALL to be usable
> for protux, which cannot be possible as far as I understand ...

plughw is a software layer which converts any used sample rate / bitdepth to a
sample rate / bitdepth the audio card can handle, so yes, even if you want to
record/play in 64 bit, 192 kHz it is supported, but the actual values are
bound by what your audiocard supports.

> also no MTA is created when using plughw.

Sounds strange, maybe I can get a clue when you send the output.

Success,

Remon