Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:00:16 +0200

On Friday 10 October 2003 11:21, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> address@hidden schrieb am 10.10.03 10:59:00:
> > > and so on...
> >
> > Ah, OK. I'll try to get it in the space left (which is nothing *sigh*,
> > 200x100 is really a small area to work with :-( )
>
> MAybe I missed the point, but I imagine you have put _ALL_ in's and out's
> into this area, right?

Yes.

> If yes, so what about showing just only the in's _OR_ just only the out's
> and make this area to be switchable by user (JMB)?

Hmm, could be an option... But for me, I've only 1 IN/OUT so plenty of space.
Well.., kind off :-)

> Also, I thought, this area will later on hold other stuff like spectrum
> analyzer, audio vectorscope, and so on (just like alsa-nyzer, for example
> ... http://alsa-nyser.sourceforge.net/ ) ... which should also be
> switchable by JMB, right?
>
> And furthermore ... I thought this area is now resizable, isn't it?
Oh no, I know I forgot something ;-)

> > > It is really logaritmic: Maximum level is 0dB and minimum is -infinite.
> > > I have the formula, but I dont know where I put, I will get and send to
> > > you ASAP.
> >
> > I probably have allready the formula, as I've made everything with the
> > 10Log logarithmic.
> >
> > Well, I simply upload the whole thing, then you can see..... and burst
> > into tears..... :-P
>
> *sigh* ;-) ... I'm not at home, right now, but I can't await to check it
> out ASAP !! :-)

Ah, well it's just a little bit different then before, don't expect to much of
it... I've really a hard time with this window stuff from Qt :-( It's just
not working the way it should. *sigh* But at least, the VU's are displayed
vertical know. With nice colors (or if you want something else, then what
we're looking at for 3 years know.....)

Remon