Re: [Openvortex-dev] Stereo swapping.

From: Stanislav Kogan
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Stereo swapping.
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:31:24 -0400

Hello.

On 26 Jun 2003 20:10:16 -0400
"Manuel Jander" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please, could anyone affected be the stereo swapping problem make a
> detailed description of hardware and software ?

OK. Here it is:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
ECS K7S5A, 256 DDR, SCSI card.
Aureal Vortex 2 SQ2500

Slackware 9.0, linux 2.4.20, Gnome 2 (dropline gnome), no esd or arts
(thanks god!)

I'm experiencing the following problems:

Stereo swapping: I heard this in XMMS, alsaplayer, mplayer,xine and
totem.

high speed playing: always happens when multiple streams are played. The
most annoying, is when I open a web page that has flash animation in it
- I then need to restart X to get rid of the problem. All programs are
affected with one noticable exception: mplayer. In many cases mplayer is
still able to play normally, when all other programs play fast.

I hope this helps.

--

Stanislav Kogan
<*>