[Openvortex-dev] Stereo swapping.

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Stereo swapping.
Date: 26 Jun 2003 20:10:16 -0400

Hello,

Please, could anyone affected be the stereo swapping problem make a
detailed description of hardware and software ?
I have the following setup and i did never get such of problems. The
only problem that still remains presistent on my computer is regarding
some clicks i meantioned before when reproducing 8 bit samples with low
sample rates (5000 - 22050 Hz)

Info like this would be usefull

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.4GHz
Mainboard ECS K7S5A
RAM: 256 MiB DDR
Aureal Vortex 2: "Diamond MX300" and "Digital Research Vortex 2 PCI"
Aureal Vortex 1: "Turtle Beach Montego 3DXStream"

Distro: Debian Unstable (mostly updated)
Enviroment: Gnome2, without esd (since alsa driver supports multiple
streams, so no need for esd, arts or whatever shit).
I listen MP3 using XMMS with ALSA output plugin (sometimes OSS), watch
movies with XINE and AVIPLAY.
Sometimes i play Legacy DOOM, Quake3, UnrealTournament, Unreal (using
WINE), Return to Napali (with WINE), Tux Racer or Defendguin.

With none of them stereo swapping does happen.

Best Regards

Manuel Jander.