Re: alignment of unattached lyrics - opinions needed

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: alignment of unattached lyrics - opinions needed
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:09:45 +0100

Am 15.03.2013 09:00, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
Hi,

[...]

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Thomas Morley
<address@hidden> wrote:
if neither \addlyrics nor \lyricsto or associatedVoice is used, why
align the lyrics?
This is a user-error or it is intended.

I think usually this is just user sloppiness.  In this case, i think
it would be good if Lily was smart enough to fix this sloppiness as
long as the fix isn't complicated (it isn't).

I am not sure whether LilyPond should support user sloppiness.

Either we handle unassociated Lyrics as if \addlyrics was written
and make '\addlyrics' redundant/superfluous, or LilyPond should
raise an error about spurious Lyrics.

Just a thought. Would it make sense to handle unassociated Lyrics
like a text markup, quite as David proposed? I could imagine that
something like

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=744

would be quite cool.

Just my 2ct