[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Managing changes to projects that use autoconf/auto

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Managing changes to projects that use autoconf/automake with tla
Date: 07 Apr 2004 14:43:18 +0900

> Most people, even computer professionals, did not grow up in Lake
> Wobegon "where all the children are above average".  They're going to
> make mistakes, be shortsighted, etc, etc.  Or have a bitter fork
> resulting in multiple competing implementations, which multiuser
> systems will want to have all of.
>
> Or maybe they just have a life.

Also, I think a large proportion of the population is really lazy.
I consider myself a prime example of this:  I know plenty of
not-particularly-hard things I could do to make software I have interest
in better, but ahhh, fuck it, I'll just read slashdot again (this
particular example thrown in to clearly distinguish it from "have a
life").  Maybe this is just a dodge to avoid confronting the `stupid'
option though.

Such development as I do often happens in a sort of a manic episode, and
so tends to be a bit odd as a result (now multiply by the number of
programmers).

[Ok I see that this post adds little to the conversation, but I kind of
like the image of myself as occasionally manic, so I'll send it anyway.
I could have written some software instead.... :-]

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)