Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Managing changes to projects that use autoconf/auto

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Managing changes to projects that use autoconf/automake with tla
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:59:46 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Andrew Suffield <address@hidden>

    > Frankly, the problem isn't all that easy in the first place, and I
    > don't think you are going to get radically easier to work with than
    > auto*.

Sure, but, wrong.

I have some experience in this area, two decades ago more-or-less.
c/b/i was _harder_ then.

You can definately do way, way, way, better than auto* and p-f is just
a crude approximation of how with plenty of omissions.

But your skepticism is quite healthy and I don't mean to discredit it
here with my little unsubstantiated claim.