[Gnu-arch-users] question about greedy library and history

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] question about greedy library and history
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 03:47:48 +0200

Hi,

For testing on win32 I was getting tla--devo--1.3, and I had a greedy,
non-sparse revision library (NTFS does hardlinks :) ).

Now, I noticed that tla tried to add --1.2 to the library as well, but
not --1.1. Testing on linux (set $HOME differently to be clean) I
registered only the 2004 archive, and got the same behaviour.

Now, when I register the 2003b archive to get --1.1 which is the
ancestor of --1.2, tla doesn't put --1.1 into the library.

I think this logic is flawed -- this seems to be the effect of an
archive boundary being between the two. What is the reason for this
behaviour?

johannes
--
http://www.sipsolutions.de/