Re: [Gnu-arch-users] question about greedy library and history

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] question about greedy library and history
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 00:20:09 -0400

David Allouche wrote:
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:16:34AM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

David Allouche wrote:

Do not get me wrong, the old code _did_ allow hardlinks to cross
tag and archive boundaries when building a revlib, didn't it?

As far as I can figure it, the old code *did* cross archive boundaries, but only if the revlib contained the immediate ancestor. I guess that way you don't need access to the ancestor archive. That subtlety was lost on me earlier, but of course, it makes a big difference.

In fact I'm already getting frustrated with tlash. I tried to talk Rob Weir into releasing his python shell stuff, so I spend less
time in dead-end sh-scripting, but he just ended saying "I'm a wuss,
I'll reimplement all of aba before releasing"...

Before aba, all I'd really written in shell were backup scripts, so it's been an education. But I've been meaning to learn Python anyhow. And like I said to the fellow who wanted to implement a tla wrapper in Perl, implementing aba isn't hard, and it'd probably be shorter in a real programming language.

Implementing tlash in Python would be the real challenge...

Aaron