Re: [ft-devel] Two patches for FT

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Two patches for FT
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:24:10 +0100 (CET)

> > Whether the x-height is one pixel too large or not depends on the
> > used dpi value.  For example, if I use 96dpi (as with Windows),
> > all sizes appear just fine.
>
> I just tested that in mozilla; there was no change.  I still got an
> x-height of 7 for segments and 8 for curves.

You are right.  My mistake.  I mixed up pixel and point size.  Anyway,
Vitaliy kindly sent me the proof that it is a `bug' in the font, not
in FreeType.  Attached is his screen shot which shows MS Word running
at 72dpi, selecting Lucida at 14pt.  As you can see, you get exactly
the behaviour you describe.

> This didn’t happen with early enough versions of the libraries.

Then there was a bug in FreeType :-)

    Werner

PNG image