adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Windoze

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windoze
Date: 03 May 2002 13:13:24 +0200

> The great news is: It Works! I switched to 16bpp and now Adonthell works on
> my 166 pentium with win 98, as well as on my 1000 athlon with xp. The only
> problen is performance. While everything is fine on the 1000 Mhz PC the 166
> Mhz Pc only displays every 3rd frame or so, which results in a crappy
> movement animation, and makes the game so slow that it is unplayable. I also
> experience this slowdown during the animation at the beginning of the game. I
> would like to know how Adonthell worked on other slower PCs and what you
> would suggest as minimum specs. Nils!

You should be able to get decent speed by editing adonthell.ini and
setting double-size to 0. The screen will be much smaller, however. The
problem is, that we perform some heavy blits and there is no hardware
acceleration used yet. But probably soon, we'll figure out how to use
DirectX well, and it will run smoothly (and in fullscreen).

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org