adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Windoze

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windoze
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 22:18:16 +0200

On 02 May 2002 20:59:52 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Seen that too. I don't know why the ending sequence is that slower
> than the intro sequence. It's noticably slower when running in
> 640x480.

That's probably because the intro sequence is directly rendered to the
screen, while the extro is rendered to an image and displayed via the
window system. You notice the difference in 320x240, but it would be
much bigger the higher the resolution.

Thing is, I don't really like the way the intro is done, as it's
bypassing the main loop. OTOH, the extro is crappy too, as it does not
allow to directly draw to the screen.

But as bypassing the main loop is far more efficient, maybe somebody
would like to update the extro :).

Kai