Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!
Date: 21 Apr 2002 11:55:18 +0200

> Still, it's weird that pytest fails so quickly. Maybe you can try
> printing some stuff at the beginning of proggy.py. Also, the first
> Python code that is loaded is site.py. Maybe you can try printing some
> stuff at the beginning of this file too. Be carefull however, that maybe
> the output would be written into a console, so make sure to run it into
> a MS-DOS command shell. Last hint: delete the .pyc files.

Allright, I have some more clues about what's wrong. The Python
interpreter seems to work perfectly - just change proggy.py to make some
dummy prints and you'll see it's fine. Actually, everything went fine
until im.load_pnm() is called. Weird uh? The screen resolution is
correctly set, the image is correctly created, but loading the image
fails. It appeared that the C++ code of image::load_pnm isn't even
called. Actually, the error occurs in our wrappers.

You have noticed, that im.load_pnm() is the first function that takes an
argument (as it is the method of an image instance). This is where the
problem is. The load_pnm() wrapper function fails when calling:

if ((SWIG_ConvertPtr(obj0,(void **) &arg1, SWIGTYPE_p_image,1)) == -1)
return NULL;

It's SWIG_ConvertPtr that crashes. Where, why, what? That remains to be
found. If someone who's more aware with SWIG can provide some more
info... :)

It'd also be nice if you could confirm that the interpreter itself is
working! :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org