Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Gentlemen, start your Windows!
Date: 21 Apr 2002 09:58:19 +0200

SCOOP!

Just after sending my previous mail, I remembered that SDL was capable
of using different targets for rendering. And if DirectX failed with
Wine, maybe the classic Windows (windib) target would work! So I tried
this way and... tadaaa! alextest now works under wine! :)
(http://www.gnurou.org/adonthell-stuff/capture1.png for the historical
screenshot of me running a Windows application). It works just as well
and as fast than using native Linux. That is, no hardware acceleration,
while DirectX should provide it.

Maybe we'll happen to a scenario where Linux players will use the
Windows version under Wine to get hardware acceleration! :/ If SDL
doesn't make progress in that respect, I'll definitely either try to use
glSDL, or directly write and OpenGL video target.

On the other hand, pytest just crashed as you described, Kai. There must
just be something wrong with the script. I'm investigating that right
now.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org