tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Stew Perry review

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Stew Perry review
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 10:14:31 +0100

Hi Thomas,

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 06:48:04AM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hi Ervin,
>

> Am Thu, 23 Jan 2014 22:29:33 +0100
> schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 10:16:23PM -0500, Pat Collins wrote:
> > > I would like to see the power multiplier taken into consideration
> > > when scoring and the place holder for the MYQRA in the messages
> > > added.
> >
> > there is a new keyword: POWERMULT, and it needs an argument,
> > which will be used as integer, and calculated score will be
> > multiply with this value.
>
> with the POWERMULT in place I would suggest dropping the three other
> keywords with the fixed multiplier (POWERMULT_5, POWERMULT_2 and
> POWERMULT_1).

ah', thanks - so it will be easier :), doesn't need to use a new
variable.

> And the new keyword should be documented in the man page.

right, I'll prepare the code soon.

> > For example: if you put 4 to there, the
> > score multiplier will be 4, if you put 11, that will be... :) You
> > can decide which is good for you - in this case this keyword
> > could be more flexible.
> >
> > The placeholder for the MYQRA is a littlebit more complex -
> > because I don't know, which character should be used for that?
> >
> > These are busy: %, @, #, [, +, -
> >
> > Usable: *, ~, ^, `, ', ", !, (, ), <, >, &, {, }, ...
> >
> > Which one is the best choice for the MYQRA?

Tom, do you have any idea, what would be the good choice for
MYQRA placeholder?

And - I know, now there is a discuss on other thread about the
core rewrite of Tlf, but - I have an another placeholder
question, and I try to start to discuss here.

Sometime I participate on RTTY contests, and most station gives me back
my exchange (to indicate he receives it correctly). I thought about
it would be good to use a placeholder for station's exchange in
my confirm message / report message.

So, there would be two new placeholder: MYQRA and HISEXCHANGE -
any ideas are welcome.

73,

Ervin
HA2OS