tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Stew Perry review

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Stew Perry review
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 20:12:44 +0100

Hi Ervin,

Am Sat, 25 Jan 2014 10:14:31 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs <address@hidden>:

> > > The placeholder for the MYQRA is a littlebit more complex -
> > > because I don't know, which character should be used for that?

You are talking about the CW messages?

> > > These are busy: %, @, #, [, +, -
> > >
> > > Usable: *, ~, ^, `, ', ", !, (, ), <, >, &, {, }, ...

{ and } are not usable. They are used to switch TX on and off during
digimode (at least when using an MFJ1278 modem)

> > > Which one is the best choice for the MYQRA?
>
> Tom, do you have any idea, what would be the good choice for
> MYQRA placeholder?

Why do you need that for QRA? It is a fixed  value for your station on
the whole contest. Just insert it in the MYQRA= keyword and also in the
CW message as well.

> And - I know, now there is a discuss on other thread about the
> core rewrite of Tlf, but - I have an another placeholder
> question, and I try to start to discuss here.
>
> Sometime I participate on RTTY contests, and most station gives me
> back my exchange (to indicate he receives it correctly). I thought
> about it would be good to use a placeholder for station's exchange in
> my confirm message / report message.

That sounds reasonable. There are some more similar problems: Some time
ago e.g. there was a question about a contest where you have to send
your last received exchange as new exchange from you side.

Maybe the macro idea discussed elsewhere is the right direction to go.

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea