Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on retina screens

From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on retina screens
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 19:49:04 +0000

Hi,

I am soon going to be able to use a 12'5" laptop screen (which is also tactile) with resolution 1920x1080. One thing I didn't understand is why is the retina display so special and whether the fixes will work for 'intermediate' dpi settings. Also not very sure about what is meant by 72 vs 144 dpis, because AFAIK there are almost no screens that are still displaying things at something as low as 72 dpi; see this: http://members.ping.de/~sven/dpi.html  (with the numbers I gave you we have ~176 DPI, the 13" retina has ~227 PPI).

I am probably just showcasing my ignorance, but I am concerned about support for non-mac high resolutions.

-á.

On 5 December 2012 17:01, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Max,

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 12:56:52PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> Remind that we are already shrinking the black-and-white glyphs using
> a shrinking factor ourselves.  Assume that we want to double the dpi resolution.
> Then the idea would be to select a double shrinking factor (e.g. 10 instead of 5),
> but still use an actual shrinking factor of 5 when shrinking our bitmaps.
> Now convince Qt to display the twice as large pixmaps using a dpi which
> is twice as large (thereby effectively shrinking once more by a factor of two).

You managed to get something working along these lines?

Best, --Joris