Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on retina screens

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on retina screens
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 12:56:52 +0100

Hi Max,

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 11:37:49AM +0100, Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
>  yes, vector operations on the graphic device are automatically scaled at the
> right size.

So you basically tell me that Qt should support this.

> As for bitmaps i think we just need to provide qt with high resolution ones.

Remind that we are already shrinking the black-and-white glyphs using
a shrinking factor ourselves.  Assume that we want to double the dpi resolution.
Then the idea would be to select a double shrinking factor (e.g. 10 instead of
5),
but still use an actual shrinking factor of 5 when shrinking our bitmaps.
Now convince Qt to display the twice as large pixmaps using a dpi which
is twice as large (thereby effectively shrinking once more by a factor of two).

Best wishes, --Joris

---------
P.S.: I am also working on the support of non integer shrinking factors at the
moment,
which will allow us to tackle the fully general case, if you manage to get the
above
idea working.