Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on retina screens

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs on retina screens
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 16:18:54 +0100

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 12:56:52PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> P.S.: I am also working on the support of non integer shrinking factors at
> the moment,
> which will allow us to tackle the fully general case, if you manage to get
> the above
> idea working.

I managed to get this working.  The solution is a bit hacky (for efficiency,
I perform a low level hack in the routine font_rep::draw), but it has the
advantage
of introducing no other major changes with respect to the old font code.
It will probably be best to test the new code a bit first until it stabilizes.
At a certain point, it would still be a good idea to simplify this whole font
mess.

Next up: exploit the new stuff for a "fit to screen" facility, which is really
a must for laptop presentations. Next next up: support for arbitrary Qt fonts.
Possible next next next up: apply general linear transformations when drawing.

In any case, I think that everything is ready for the Retina fix.

Best, --Joris