Re: Linking Error

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Linking Error
Date: 13 Jan 2001 17:05:26 -0800

RL>     I reinstalled Swarm-2.1.1.exe with admin privleges

You'll want to install under the user that you'll end up doing model
development.

RL> I have added  "c:\Swarm-2.1.1\bin;" to my system PATH through
RL> windows, as well I have added swarm.jar file to my CLASSPATH.  As
RL> far as I can make it, that *should* be enough if I run it with
RL> javacswarm and javaswarm because the scripts should take care of
RL> all the class path stuff.

The scripts will set the PATH and CLASSPATH, so you don't need to do that.

RL>     I am still getting an UnsatisfiedLinkError.

Does this program compile and run?

import swarm.Globals;
import swarm.defobj.Zone;
import swarm.random.SimpleRandomGenerator;
import swarm.random.IntegerDistribution;
import swarm.random.UniformIntegerDistImpl;
import swarm.random.MT19937genImpl;

public class TestRandom {
  static void main (String []args) {
    Globals.env.initSwarm ("TestRandom", "0.0", "address@hidden", args);

    // explicitly create a generator and a distribution based on that generator
    {
      Zone aZone = Globals.env.globalZone;

      SimpleRandomGenerator generator = new MT19937genImpl (aZone);

      IntegerDistribution integerDist =
        new UniformIntegerDistImpl (aZone, generator, 0, 9);

      System.out.println (integerDist.getIntegerSample ());
    }

    // use the built-in uniform integer distribution
    System.out.println (Globals.env.uniformIntRand.getIntegerWithMin$withMax
(0, 5));