Re: GraphDemo

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: GraphDemo
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:40:49 +0200

Hi Manor,

I'm newly here ...

My attempt, of solving my self the problems arising in GraphDemo, failed.

As reported in Reference 1 below, the links to graph.h seem do not work. The
.h files are in the include dir; I have not introduced the changes from
   #import <swarmobject.h>
to #import <swarmobject/Swarm.h>
due to the final lines in Reference 2

Many thanks for a 'last' help, yours Pietro

Reference 1 ------------------------

ptLinux:~/swarm/apps/GraphDemo-0.1$ make
gcc -c -g -Wall -Wno-import -I../../swarm/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
ILink.m
ILink.m: In function i_ILink__createEnd':
ILink.m:10: warning: cannot find method.
ILink.m:10: warning: return type for setColor:' defaults to id
gcc -c -g -Wall -Wno-import -I../../swarm/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
main.m
gcc -g -L../../swarm/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -o bank FEntity.o FLink.o ILink.o
BLink.o FNet.o main.o BankModelSwarm.o BankObserverSwarm.o BankBatchSwarm.o
../../swarm/lib/swarm.x -lobjc -lX11 -lm
FEntity.o: In function i_FEntity__makeInvestLinkTo_':
/home/terna/swarm/apps/GraphDemo-0.1/FEntity.m:27: undefined reference to
_objc_class_name_DiGraphNode'
FLink.o: In function i_FLink__isInvestLink':
/home/terna/swarm/apps/GraphDemo-0.1/FLink.m:7: undefined reference to
_objc_class_name_DiGraphLink'
FNet.o: In function global constructors keyed to FNet.m':
/home/terna/swarm/apps/GraphDemo-0.1/FNet.m:85: undefined reference to
_objc_class_name_DiGraph'
main.o: In function main':
/home/terna/swarm/apps/GraphDemo-0.1/main.m:12: undefined reference to
initGraphLibrary'
BankModelSwarm.o: In function c_BankModelSwarm__createBegin_':
/home/terna/swarm/apps/GraphDemo-0.1/BankModelSwarm.m:21: undefined
reference to _objc_class_name_DiGraphLink'
make: *** [bank] Error 1

Reference 2 -----------------------

In swarm/swarmdocs/src/swarmobject/PortingAppsToNewInterface.html I read
that ... but the final lines suggest that at present the solution would

When subclassing from a class defined in the Swarm Kernel, it is necessary
to import the @interface of that class. Before,
       when swarmobject.h included all those interfaces, it was the only
file needed if you wanted to subclass from a class in
       swarmobject. Now, however, simply importing swarmobject.h doesn't
help at all. So, in order to subclass from a class
       that's a member of swarmobject, you need to import the specific
interface file to that class.

       The solution: If you had an app that worked before when you
subclassed from something (say, Swarm) in swarmobject but
       doesn't work now, simply replace the

       #import <swarmobject.h>

       in the header file for the subclass with

       #import <swarmobject/Swarm.h>

       Note: In order to reduce the number of broken apps due to this, we've
explicitly imported swarmobject/SwarmObject.h and
       swarmobject/Swarm.hat the end of the swarmobject.h file. This allows
the subclassing of SwarmObject or Swarm by an
       import of swarmobject.h without the explicit import of the interface
files. But, this was done for backward compatibility and
       may go away in the future. So please subclass by explicit importation
of the interface file of the class.

OLD MESSAGES FOLLOW