Espeak output module checked into CVS

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Espeak output module checked into CVS
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 07:44:45 -0700

SUCCESS!
On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 10:31:56AM +0200, Lukas Loehrer wrote:
> What exact version of glib2 is required by speech-dispatcher? The
> above function was introduced in 2.2.
>
> @Steve: The fact that the moduel builds but fails to run in the way
> you describe indicates that you have more than one version of glib2
> installed. Time to do some more cleaning up.

Yep, I found some more stuff in /usr/local from an early tar ball of
glib2.  God rid of that and it is working as I type.:)

You mentioned that pitch change for capitalization doesn't work? Well,
I might be a tad confused but with speakup and speechd_up, pitch
change works find for capital letters and the speakup commands to
select pitch work for the whole range.  I also find at the moment that
all rate values chosen through speakup/speechd_up work correctly too.
This is with espeak V 1.26.  I was having a bit of trouble with
espeak-generic and the new faster rate messing my zero level in
speakup but that all seems to work right with sd_espeak and this
newest version.  With lower case letters it is quite snappy.  A slight
delay is noticable when typing capital letters but I've always noticed
this even with espeak-generic so dunno if that is related to espeak
itself or if it's something to do with speech-dispatcher.

Bottom line: it is working fine for me with Speakup and speechd_up.
--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!