Espeak output module checked into CVS

From: Jonathan Duddington
Subject: Espeak output module checked into CVS
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:29:07 +0100

On 06 Jul, Lukas Loehrer <listaddr1 at gmx.net> wrote:

> I just checked in the espeak output module into the speechd CVS
> repository. Feedback is welcome. The following things do not work yet:

> * Punctuation == none will still speak some punctuation characters

The idea is that some punctuation should always be spoken.  With
punctuation = none, eSpeak speaks those punctuation symbols that you
would normally speak when reading text.  For example, plus sign, at
sign, copyright sign, currency signs.  Please advise if there are
specific punctuation symbols which cause problems.

> * Listing and setting the synthesis voice works only partially. The
> problem is that the listed names do not identify voices uniquely, so
> not all voices can be selected at the moment.

Do I need to change the voice names in eSpeak's voice files (in
espeak-data/voices)?  Please advise.

> * Setting voices like "FEMALE2"
> * Spelling
> * Speaking the "space" character.
> * No way to have a pitch raise for capitels when speaking characters

Are these just "not yet implemented" in the eSpeak Output Module?
Let me know if any of these need changes in eSpeak's API or behaviour.