Espeak output module checked into CVS

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Espeak output module checked into CVS
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:21:12 -0700

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 06:07:13PM +0200, Lukas Loehrer wrote:
> Please check if the output module is actually present in
> /usr/lib/speech-dispatcher-modules or wherever you have
> speech-dispatcher installed.
>
> If it exists, try running it by hand like this:
>
> ./sd_espeak /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak.conf
>
> and see if it prints any interesting errors.

Interesting indeed.  I got a lookup error on that variable that's been
pleagueing me for a while now.  I used to have a problem compiling as
I told you before so resolved the glib-1 and glib2 packages and the
software compiled fine but now I get the lookup error when running
sd_espeak; it is the variable,
g_str_has_prefix
Sound familiar? <smile>

When I get up in the morning, I'm gonna examin the glib2 package and
make sure it installed completely and the paths are right.  It
compiled fine but can't seem to find it at run-time.  Dunno why.

Oh, to answer Jan's question, yes, I do have a espeak.conf file in the
/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules directory.  I had debug set to 1 but I
never got any output in the espeak.log file - just the speechd.log.
But when it ran it manually, I did get the above mentioned message
plus the other startup messages which looked proper to me.
--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!